Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Should I keep my bedtime?

I'm a high school student, and I usually I get tired around 6 or 7 PM from schoolwork and other things. I know it's really early, but what I usually like to do is tuck myself into bed around 7 or 7:30 and I usually sleep very well. Sometimes I wonder though: is there such a thing as getting too much sleep? I've tried going to sleep later, but it never seems to work out as well. Should I keep my 7 o clock bedtime or try and break the habit?
Answer:
you could keep it if u want to, the only thing is that if u get into sports or dances, parties at school, u may be staying up until 10 or 11 or later.. u dont want to get into going to bed at 7 because then when it comes to do something fun, u will be too tired to attend.. just a thought.. i wish i could go to bed at 7.lol that would be nice.. hope this helps hun!
Studies say that you should get 8 hours of sleep a night, but if you go to bed early and everything works out for you then keep that schedule.
Your body will tell you if you've had too much sleep. I'm usually sluggish and feel drained if I've gotten too much - even worse that if I didn't get enough.It's best not to break your habits, if they work for you. You'll only have to get back into the swing of things when school starts again. If you feel like you want to vary it, do it a little at a time.
I think if you are needing that much sleep, ask yourself if there is something else going on, maybe you are depressed or you are suffering from a low thyroid. Most teens want to stay up late, even though 8-10 hours of sleep is recommended. You should be up at least a couple most hours, you're missing out on your evening! Id be interested to know what time you get up. I work very early, I get up at 5 am, and usually go to bed around 10.
try and see lf you can stay awake until 9:pm then go to bed. l think 7 is to early to retire
At your age you need to sleep! Do not try and break the habit,thats just how your internal clock is set.Sleeping is the time when our body starts to regenerate itself so to speak.If it is not causing you any social problems and you feel well about it then dont change your schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net