Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Should i see a foot doctor?

on halloween of 2006 i hurt my foot. i was stepping down from the sidewalk and there was a rock where my foot landed. my foot bent almost or totally sideways. it hurt like hell. i was able to walk on it but with difficulty. the next morning when i tried to get out of bed i couldnt even walk. it hurt so bad when i tried to take a step that i had to crawl around the house to get my breakfast which was a simple bowl of ceral. so i sat around for the next few days till it felt better. now it hurts if i bend it certain ways. like if i point it straight sometimes that hurts. if i have it pointed to the back of me with my leg out that hurts sometimes. i can't sit with my legs under me and i haven't tried but awhile ago i couldnt use that foot to get myself up off the floor. like u know when u put your weight on one foot when your getting up. and i'm a dance teacher so i can't have foot problems. should i go get this checked out? i never went to see anyone we just assumed i sprained it.
Answer:
Definitely. See someone immediately. This could be a minor fracture. I am an avid hurdler and recently was told that my foot was most likely sprained. I ached with it for over 2 weeks until I went back to the clinic that diagnosed me. I had a different doctor the second time. He told me that he was 95% sure of a break after a foot X-ray. Don't know what your insurance status is, but you should get it checked out before the damage becomes permanent.
yes
Better late then never. Sounds like some kind of tendon problem.
Ummmm...yeah. You should've gone to see a doctor 6 months ago. There are dozens of tiny bones in your foot, sounds like you broke at least a couple of them. You're a dance teacher?? I would think you would be a little more concerned about your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net