Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shoulder Hurts?

I am 12 years old and I started having shoulder pain; about a couple weeks ago, and I'm not sure if it's a tear, sprain or nothing serious. It cracks sometimes, and then comes really bad pain, but I am able to withstand it. Should I see a doctor? I play softball, and I walk like 6 miles with a heavy backpack and a binder in my hand, could those reasons be why?
Answer:
carrying that extra weight definitely is aggravating you shoulder problems. With pain that bad you really need to see your medical doctor. You want to stay active and if you continue using your shoulder when it's injured It could cause you problems for the rest of your life.
i have a torn rotator cuff. my symptoms are pain, especially when i try to lift my arm over my head, weakness, swelling and tingling. my shoulder also feels like it's catching or popping (clicking). are these your symptoms? if so, get to a doctor quickly! even if it is just a sprain, it's better to catch it early before it turns into something else.
Sounds like tendonitis of supraspinatus (one of the rotator cuff muscles). Stop carrying heavy things, at least with that arm, give baseball a rest and apply some ice to the area. Use the back pack like it was intended to be used - on both shoulders, and on YOUR BACK! The cracking is probably a result of scar tissue in the muscle/tendon. Your doctor will ikely suggest rest, ice and prescribe anti-inflammatory.
Yes,definitely, have your Parent take you to see a Doctor, the possibilities are many, in fact too many to get an answer here. It is very important for you to take care of your shoulder, you will be needing it for the rest of your life. There is much that can be done, it depends a lot what the Doctor finds is wrong with it. You can take something for pain like Motrin, Tylenol, Aleve or similar products that may be available at home. Ask your Mom, and just one tablet may be effective. Best wishes and get well soon...
number 1 dont tell ppl ur 12 thats not good i could be a bad person... im not but you justy might be growing tell ur mom or ur dad they might tell ur doc and gat u some help

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net