Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Should I put my earring back in?

I got my ear pierced about a month ago. During a weekend, I was at work, and my boss told me to take out my earring. I did and the next morning it was infected. It was twice the size of my other ear. The lobe actually dropped and widened. I went to the doctor and he said I needed it to be drained. He said I could wear the earring again. He sent me to an ENT to get it drained, but he said it was just swollen, no puss. He gave me meds and said I could NEVER wear an earring again. I am very confused. I clean it MANY times daily. Today I checked to see if my hole is still open and it was. Can I wear my earring?
Answer:
You didnt say what quality the earring you have is...if it is a good earring. wait for the ear to heal and reinsert it. Clean the lobe frequently by using peroxide and alcohol, gently squeeze around the opening to see if pus appears. When/if you reinsert an earring, dip it in alcohol and touch only the gem part to insert. As another person stated, you can use a broom straw to keep the hole open or a piece of thread will do the trick also. Use alcohol to clean those too. Hot, red and swollen means infection. If you start to see those signs take the earring out, treat the area and reinsert when healed. Eventually the hole will heal on the inside and you'll be fine. --RN
you're a dude, you shouldn't be wearing an earing in the first place!
call your doctor and ask them
I would carefully see if you can work it in but if it hurts you may tear a hole in the skin causing permanent damage.
i think you should ask your doctor for what's best... you don't want it to get worse!
Good luck!
Toodles,
~babygirl~
did you hear what the eNT said," you could never wear an earing again" deal with it.
pierce something else if you want an earing so bad
If a doctor told you not to then I wouldnt. A little piece of jewerly isnt really worth health problems
You need to call the ENT doc to find out WHY you are not supposed to wear the earring again. You must have forgot to ask why when you were in his office. Do not put an earring back in until you check with the ENT doc to find out why you are not supposed to put an earring back in the hole.
I would check with the doctor just to be sure. I know he said you couldn't, but he could have made a mistake and said the wrong thing.
If it wasn't infected, according to the ENT, then why would you not be able to wear the earring ever again? This doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't sound like an allergic reaction to the earring, because you had it in for a month. I would put the earring back in. If it swells up again, well, take it out and then don't wear earrings anymore, but I doubt that it will.
Im sure you will be able to wear it again, but the infection needs to be taken care of first. If you ever have an infected piercing, you shouldnt take out the earring, you should get the infection taken care of with the earring in your ear, because if it closes up, how will you heal the infection?
GOD NO!! i had my ears pierced over the summer, and then i took it out after about two months, and then when i put it back in, i poked another hole in my ear and it HURT SOOOOOOO BAD!!!! the worst part is i had no idea wat had happened so when i finally let my mom see it, it was all infected and nasty. now i have to wait for them to close up again before i get them peirced again. :( *cry*
Yes you can ,but for now if your ear is still in pain get some straw from a real broom and burn the ends of the straw,the sraw should be as big as a stud earring and you should be fine for work too .
It might not be the best idea. I remember a family friend telling me that she had an ear infection and the hole closed up AROUND the earring. Her mother had to wrestle her to the floor to remove it. But from the way the situation sounds I don't think there's a possibility of this happening. I don't want to sound repetitive but you definitely should talk to a professional before trying anything. But my personal advice would be: try it, if it worsens take it out. if it's fine, then i guess you'll be okay. You might have also bought a cheaply made earring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net