Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Should I take more pills to compensate for the days I missed?

I recently got sinusitus, and my doctor gave me a 10 day supply of Amoxicillin and told me to take them all, I understand the importance of finishing all the medication, but I recently missed two takings, which leaves me with an extra day of pills. I was wondering what should I do? Should I stay within the time frame and take an extra pill a day? or is the extra day ok?Thanks. :)
Answer:
If you missed only one dose, you are definately okay
If you missed ONE whold day, you are probably still okay
Start taking the next dosage and continue until they are gone. Anti-biotics work by accumulation sort-of...It is important to take all the pills..Oh and btw if you are on oral contraceptives, be extra careful while you are on the anti-biotics.and don't drink any alcohol..and eat yogurt to prevent diarrhea.
Hope this helps!!
never take more then you are suppose to
Just continue to take the prescribed amount. No need to "catch up"
Do not take extra pills, just finish them out like you normally would leaving you with an extra day to finish it.Extra pills within a day's time frame can be dangerous, even if it is just an antibiotic.
just keep taking them per the instructions take them the extra day.
I shouldn't take more pills than you are supposed to each day. Carry on as usual and maybe ask your doctor to check if there will be a problem that you missed some out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net