Sunday, October 25, 2009

Scar healing?

has anybody had surgical scars on their face and if so how long did it take for the scars to heal compltely. How did the scars end up looking like?
Answer:
Scars on your face can take up to a year from the date of your surgery. At first you should nourish the skin using an ointment like A %26 D ointment. After that you can use a scar product such as Mederma, Scar Guard of Scar Zone. Remember that your scars heal in stages. At first they will be red and inflammed, then fade to pink, the final stage is a white scar. Remember to use SPF 30 or higher any time you will be exposed to sunlight. Yoiu do not want it to tan because it can permanetly remain red.
I've never had any surgical scars on my face, but I just recently had surgery on my ankle. My doctor is going to give me something like Mederma after I get the stitches. My doctor also told me to keep the scar out of the sun; keeping it in the sun too long can make the scar a bright red line. I've also had surgery before on my arm. I didn't put anything on it, like a cream or anything, and now it looks like a striaght line. It's also very faint and hard to see. Hope this helps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net