Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sciatica or something else?

While in the military I fell and landed on my buttock. After a while I started having a sharp pain in my left buttock and leg. After leaving the military I was diagnosed with radiculopathy (nerve damage) and awarded 100 dollars amonth disability. The pain got worse and is now to the point I cannot work more than a few hours a day. I finally had an MRI which showerd disc protrusion in the precise area of nerve damage, but in the physician"s opinion there was no nerve impingment. If I am in extreme pain how can there be no nerve impingment especially given the nerve damage results of earlier tests?
Answer:
sciatica is caused by compression of nerve may be in disc prolapse.
in sciatica pain begins in buttocks as it severe it spreads to back of leg then to side of calf,then to foot,
though it is sciatica u need not worry thru regular physiotherapy it can b cured.
first of all seek a second opinion, it is always good medical advice to have two minds on it. Have someone lift your leg 30 degrees when you are on your back lying down, does it hurt if yes then make sure your doctor does this test. Rediculopathy is nerve root damage and I have to guess your physician believe the damage is done but I wonder is a lumbar laminectomy would help. I don't think it's sciatica, but you are textbook radiculopathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net