Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sharp pain on outside of foot, Worse when standing or walking, very localized. should I consult a doctor?

I was walking around London this weekend, and it came on gradually, I thought it was just sore feet at first, but it's still hurting two days on and gets worse when I put any pressure on it.
Answer:
Yes, it could be a stress fracture. Get it checked out. However, stress fractures sometimes don't show up on regular x-rays. If it's near a joint, it could also be a bunion developing or capsulitis. I had a stress fracture and then it was discovered that my lingering pain, even months later, was a bunion developing.
You could have developed a stress fracture in the foot. You might want an xray to see if that's the problem. It's either that or you strained a muscle in your foot.
It sounds like either a stress fracture or a chipped bone, Either way, see your doctor, it's not going to get better on it's own, you need to have it in a cast to restrict any movement, you shouldn't move it or walk on it.
It sounds like a stress fracture. Most likely for walking on in a funny way. Go to the doctor for some x-rays. I had a stress fracture and had to be in a cast for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net