Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sharp pain on the right side, right under the right pec!?

I guess I'm a HARD drinker, well I'm 28 and I've been getting sharp pains on my right side, above the gut and right under the right side of my chest. It doesnt really hurt but it is starting to worry me. I usually get it during a night of heavy drinking. Any advice would help.
Answer:
It is liver damage. you need to see a doctor before it gets worse. You can die from liver disease and it wont be painless.You liver only digests 3/4 of a cup of alcohol per hour, thats about a little more than a shot. So what happens when your liver can't digest the alcohol is that it goes into your bloodstream. The bloodstream carries the alcohol into your brain and puts your frontal lobe to sleep effectively giving you a temporary lobotomy. This is what you call "getting plastered."So when your liver starts to fail you will not only do more damage to your other organs, but also your brain will get "blood brain" this means your brain will start to literally bleed from the unfiltered, or poorly filtered alcohol.Stop drinking to give your liver time to heal and see a doctor. If you have to go to AA to do than so be it. it is better to look like a fool than die.
Before I read that you were heavy drinker I would have said either appendicitis or indigestion. But maybe you should be checked by a doctor for pancreantitis. I am no doctor but I know someone who was experiencing the same thing. Good Luck
Lighten up on the booze for a while. Drink lots of water, sounds like your liver needs a break.Get some blood work done. That will tell right away if your liver is in trouble.
YOur symptons do not rule out liver damage.however if you are a heavy smoker and combine the two,your lungs extend that far as well.My best advice is to get an xray of your lungs,to check for copd(doctors know COPD),Standard blood tests will detect any liver damage.Good luck,Ive been sober for 23 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net