Saturday, October 31, 2009

Should i be worried about this bruise?!?

ok, so i have this round bruise about an inch and a half wide, black and blue in the middle and "normal bruise color" on the outside, on my hip from tripping and falling into a doorknob and my coworker has me all freaked out saying i need to keep an eye on it because i could form a blood clot...and die. it seemed silly to me at first- its just a freaking bruise... but ive been thinking about it tooooo much and now im extremly paraniod. and im pretty sure its all in my head- but my leg kinda hurts... ugg. do i honestly have anything to seriously worry about?!
Answer:
No you don't...I fell down a flight of stairs and bruised my hip and leg really bad. It took a long time for the bruises to heal but it was not life threatening. I was also sore for a few days. I had gone to the doctor's. He took x-rays, nothing was broken and he did say I would be bruised and hurting for a while but that was it.
No, you are not going to get a blood clot and die. If it hurts use some ice on it.
You only have to worry about it if it doesn't go away, other than that you're fine. If it's not getting any smaller after two and a half weeks, I'd go to the doctor. Better safe than sorry, right? But, honestly, I wouldn't worry AT ALL!
It's all in your head. You don't get blood clots from falling on doorknobs. Take a painkiller and keep ice on it to help it go away quicker.
lol sounds like it could be the imprint of the doorknob in the middle (thus darker) and normal around the outside. If you are at all worried go see a Doctor. By the time you read all the different replies from answers you may think your dead. (grin0 Good health to you.
if you are that worried, see your m.d.
otherwise, the blood clot risk is low --- usually caused by an immobilized limb and is most common in the calf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net