Sunday, October 25, 2009

Scary bug bite?

I didn't feel it at all whenever I got stung, but I know I've had it for at least five hours. It's on my hip, and there's a purple bump (almost like a small pimple) right in the middle. It's definitely swollen and starting to get itchy... and the area around it almost looks like a welt. Anyone know what it is?
Answer:
It could be spider bite, like a brown recluse bite, people don't always notice when they bite them - but their bites cave in and form a crater.I had something similar on my leg, I thought for sure it was a spider bite, It was a purplish red bump and was swollen and red. It itched a little at first, and then it was just sore. Over the course of a day it got more swollen and the purple bump in the middle got hard. It also started to hurt more. Eventually I got a fever and thats when I called my Dr. I thought it was just an infected spider bite. But he told me to come in right away (even though it was 6pm). When I got there he took one look at it and said it was an abscess. It turned out to be a form of Staph infection called MRSA. He had to cut it open and drain the infection (puss) out, clean it and pack it with gause. I had to go back every day for a week to take the gause out and clean it and repack it. It sucked, but I was lucky I went when I did. Keep an eye on it and call your doctor if it gets more red and swollen, feels hot to the touch or you get a fever. Go to the hospital if your Dr. isn't available.
hmm. I'm not sure, but you may want to ask your doctor if it gets worse.
It could very well be a spider bite...If you go to the pharmacy I know there's some over the counter medication you can get...I just forgot wut it's called...If it ends up looking like a bruise and very veiny as each day passes it is most likely a spider bite.
It's poisonous! Get to the hospital right away! Good Luck!
Maybe this is what your bite may look like from this page. A brown recluse?http://dermatlas.med.jhmi.edu/derm/...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net