Saturday, October 31, 2009

Should I be concerned about this bite?

I have a bite, actually 3 of them on my legs. These are not like any other bites I have ever had. It is red and swollen in the diameter of... bigger than a softball, but smaller than a basketball. Pretty big. And it is swollen up about 1/4 of an inch above my skin, it is swollen enough that you can see the swelling through my pants. The center is really hard, and blistering. It itches a little, but mostly hurts. And ever since I was bit, my whole body is sore.
I don't have medical insurance, so I am avoiding going to the doctor; but is this something I should be worried about? I put benadryl on it, and it still itches. It is really hot in that area too. Any Ideas?
Answer:
this is something you need to have checked even if it does cost you some money better the money than your life . I think you need to take this to the dr . good luck honey and I wish you well .
go to er now /
Go see a doctor, it could be something serious to have that bad of a reaction.
Put calomine lotion on it. But honestly, I think you should see a doctor.
I think you should get to a doctor asap.
sounds like tic bites. you could have Lyme's disease. go to Dr!!!
This sounds serious. You really need to see a doctor as it could be infected. Hotness in the area suggests infection. see a docter asap.
SEEK A DR FAST! if your legs are as swollen as u say, that is no normal bug bite.
um you should most def. go to the hospital
but like if you don't have a fever you ill be fine i guess but i suggest going to a med express or something
do it!
Sounds like a possible spider bite. How serious it is depends on the kind of spider bit you. If it was a Brown Recluse, it could be quite serious. At least go to the ER. They have to treat you by law. Even you can't pay.
Bite or infection, if it continues untreted from what you described the worst case scenario is you could lose your leg. Go to the doctor.
Youi have indicated by your swelling, and all the rest that you have an infection, maybe from bites but go the emergency room. They need to treat you! bettyk
I agree with the other answer. There are some bites that require prompt medical attention and someone who knows what they're looking at needs to examine these. Some can even require surgery to prevent further injury. There's no way to say if that's the case for you or not without examining it. Go to the ER or a free clinic or something, but go soon.
You should definitely get that checked out. that sounds like something serious! No regular bite would do that to you! Go immediately it might end up being you down fall.
sounds like you got bit by brown recluse but it does sounds like you rexagerating with size if you are not and it is honestly that big u might want to get some medical attention it will be worth it look up that name i gave you and see if your symtoms are similar
Yes. Go to the doctor immediately. It could be more than one thing. I went to the doctor with what I thought was a spider bite but was actually a staph infection. Don't wait on answers- Go to the doctor now. Tell them to bill you and only pay them a little a month. Dont' worry about the money- Just your health!
I think you need to see a doctor about it. That doesn't sound good, at all. It could be bites from a spider. The size of the bites worry me, as does the whole body soreness. At least try to get into a Care Now, or Prima Care or whatever doc-in-a-box you have in your area. If you end up with blood poisoning, it could be worse.
If you cannot go to the doctor, at least visit your State's local Health Department. They often have nurses on staff with authority to prescribe medications. Honestly, it could be a venomous bite. Some spider bites are deadly. Prompt action could prevent life long consequences or death.Call a nurse at the hospital and ask for advise ... if nothing else! See the link below about spider bites...
It can be something that can be life threatening. Did you feel it with you? GO to the doctor now. Even the ER.
Sucks without a medical insurance, but you know what? when it;s an emergency you go to the ER, you health is priceless!
I am sure you are having a reaction..look how it is! I don't know when it happened but remember there a lot of Community Clinis, there must be one in your area, the're awsome! and they really are ready for everything. They charge you under sliding scale,and they always have walk-in or same day appointments. GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net