Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sharp pain in lower back and top section of butt.?

Three days ago or so, I attempted to lift something way too heavy. A dull ache started on my lower back. I left it alone. Feeling ok and having forgotten about it, later that day i went excercising, feeling a little tenderness. The next day I went for my usual jog. Now, i feel a sharp pain on my left side between my butt and the small of my back (i guess aligned with my pelvic bones in the back). I can almost pinpoint it. Mostly hurts in when I walk and go upor down stairs. Much worse in the morning or after sitting down for a while. better with advil. I iced it and put heat on it. what could it be? is it a sprain or a strain or something worse.
Answer:
Sounds like a muscle spasm, which will relax in a couple of days if you lay off it and take it easy. Motrin helps. If it doesn't go away in 3 to 5 days of pampering, check with your doctor. You may have slipped a disc...one of the vertebrae in your spine has shifted to press on a nerve. That takes a bit more in the way of treatment than a simple muscle spasm. In either case, don't mess with the health of your spinal column by ignoring the problem.
I had the same exact pain, but mine is from a previous pregnancy. I went to physical therapy and was prescribed muscle relaxers and a higher dose of pain killers. I think the pain is a nerve or a muscle spasm.
That is a pulled muscle. When you try to lift or exhalt a certain amount of force that your body can't handle, your muscles around the target area will tighten from the straining. There is really nothing you can do but sit and relax and use plenty of advil. Take a hot bath. It usually helps release tension in your back. A strained or pulled muscle in the back takes at least a week to feel somewhat normal. You just need to relax and let nature take its course.
I would guess that you have pinched a nerve in your low back with that lift.Got to a Chiropractor and get an adjustment, that should fix it.Here are two other helpful solutions. Lay on the floor and put your legs up on a foot stool or the coffee table. Rest the calves on the stool or table, so they are bent L shape at the knee. This opens up the vertebrae and should help to open up the pinched nerve and release it. Sleep in this position also with thick pillows behind the knees. It will help repair the problem faster.Also do not sit on soft and squishy seats. Sit on hard seated chairs. It is much better for the low back. My daughter carries around an upholstered 18 inch square board every where she goes to sit on. She injured hers badly a few years ago and still has problems occasionally. She uses it especially when driving.
Hi type in COCCYX on this site search http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/upr...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net