Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sharp Intense Pain In Head During A Flight?

After dozing off for about an hour of flight, before landing the announcement was made to return the seats to the upright position. After returning the seat to the upright position, I received a very sharp and intense pain in my head, so intense it felt like someone had hit my left eye with a baseball bat. For about a minute or two, it was almost unbearable and I started to feel motion sickness. The pain is mostly in the left part of my head near the eye cavity. The flight was in the morning and a slight pain/soreness has followed me throughout the day. I took one advil to see if the pain would subside but no luck. What could this mean? I have heard some pretty vast answers from friends such as: popped vein or vessel in the head, sinus that was affected by the pressure, or a neck muscle that I might have pulled when i sat back up? Any help to what such symptoms might lead to would be of great help. I might end up seeing a doctor if I don't get any answers. Thanks! Mike
Answer:
The dry air on the airplane dries up your sinuses and then the air pressure builds as you land. It can causes sinus pain. It's probably a combination of that and how you were sleeping. It's very common, especially on long flights.Next time, try a couple of Sudafed instead of Advil.
Consult your neurologist.
heres my thought. when people take long air flights, they usually pop an aspirin in their mouth. reason is to prevent any blood clot from developing. now, if you've been in an upright position for a long time, your blood may have become stasis in your head, which may make your blood vessells in your head dilate. when blood vessells in the head dilate, it causes a massive headache. when the headache goes aways, the blood vessells have consricted and back to normal. i could be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net