Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sharp pain in side when running?

When I run for a long period of time (baseball practice, jogging, etc.) I have a sharp pain in my side, usually my right side.. It is even with my belly button but about 3'' to the side.. Note it only hurts when I'm running, or walking for a while. I usually have to place pressure with me hand or rest for the pain to subside.. This has been going on for a couple of years. Always thought it was because I was out of shape or something.. But I ride my bike daily for atleast 30 min.. I'm 5'6 and weigh 110lbs. (BTW I'm 14)Please Help
Answer:
Although I agree with those who've said 'growing pains', it is also possibly a bit of dehydration. Most people don't think they're dehydrated because they think dehydration is extreme thirst. Don't just BRING water with you, but make sure you actually DRINK it before you go do anything athletic. Water helps all the organs stay 'lubricated' during excercise. Even if it's just growing pains, I'll bet being hydrated will make a difference. Good luck!
Growing Pains. Happens to the best of us. Just be glad you don't have shin splits.
Actually, my guess is that it's simply the ravages and wastes of growing up...Otherwise known as "growing pains." We all get 'em. Don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net