Saturday, October 31, 2009

Should I be concerned?

I was climbing on some rocks with my bare hands. But mostly with my fingertips! The next day, I noticed that my fingertips were scratched up like anything and those areas were all red and very sensitive. A few days after that, I noticed a white bump on every finger forming, like a blister. But, this morning, the skin was a tint of red and the skin in those areas is shiny and smooth. I also have no fingerprints in those areas. What should I do and is this bad? Should I freak out? What can I do?
Answer:
No you shouldn't. The fingers will heal and the prints will comeback up again. I've scratched my fingers open many times and seemed to mess my fingerprints up but they came back in time. If your really worried go see a doctor.
Make sure you don't do anything to damage those areas and see if they heal. If they don't in a course of a week, i'd consult a doctor.
This is not a unnatural phenomenon but apply some antiseptic lotion like after shave lotion after hot fomentation of the affected area.
Its probably just blood blisters from the pressure used to climb. Don't worry. It should go away soon. If you still feel concerned, you could see a DR. I doubt that there is anything to be done. If they are bad enough, the DR. may lance (cut them open) the blisters to drain the blood. Its best to heal on its own. Hope this helps.
You most likely did have blisters. When you injure an area on your body, lots of fluid with special cells come to the rescue. This fluid makes your blisters. The skin is shiney because it's stretched. I would just watch the fingers. As long as the fingers are warm to the touch and have good color, this should take care of itself. You could use an antibiotic cream on them, if you'd like. Of course, if you're really worried, seeing your doctor is never a bad idea!
try wearing gloves,it's less painful .your fingers will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net