Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sensitive Spots in Back of Head?

On the back of my head, I have several spots that are very sensitive to rub and massage. It doesn't hurt constantly, so it really isn't a headache. It only hurts to rub. I was wondering if anybody else has ever had this. It may be muscles that are just tight and in a knot, but I just wanted to make sure and see what everyone else thought, and what I could do. Thanks.
Answer:
Yes, its not tight muscles. Its where tension or stress in other parts of the body connect in the nerves in the head.
I find that even though it hurts, when I rub one of those areas it actually feels good and soon the pain goes away.
Reflexologists say that rubbing these pain points until they stop hurting can actually help other parts of the body heal small conditions or blockages.
lindajune is absolutely correct, I'm a massage therapist fully trained in reflexology as well and any time you have such spots whether it be on your head or elsewheres it is best to gently rub them out or to apply fingertip pressure and hold for twenty seconds or so then rub them out. This should alleviate most headaches as well, tension headaches are relieved a little above and in front of the ears where you may have slight swelling or congestion, but the point I'm making is that you should work on these spots and areas until they aren't like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net