Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sharp pain in lower back and top section of butt.?

Three days ago or so, I attempted to lift something way too heavy. A dull ache started on my lower back. I left it alone. Feeling ok and having forgotten about it, later that day i went excercising, feeling a little tenderness. The next day I went for my usual jog. Now, i feel a sharp pain on my left side between my butt and the small of my back (i guess aligned with my pelvic bones in the back). I can almost pinpoint it. Mostly hurts in when I walk and go upor down stairs. Much worse in the morning or after sitting down for a while. better with advil. I iced it and put heat on it. what could it be? is it a sprain or a strain or something worse.
Answer:
This could be a herniated disc or sciatica. You have to have this checked out as quickly as possible. I recommend you see a chiropractor first as they really are the best at pinpointing the problem and being able to reduce the pain. I've enclosed a link where you can find a chiropractor in your area.
Ouch! Regardless of what it is this is your back, and possibly your spine you're talking about, so you don't need to wait until the damage is worse. Get yourself to a doctor or chiropractor as soon as possible. I have a really bad lower back condition that I wasn't aware of until I (like you) attempted to lift something heavy. Pain shot across my very lower back and in a few days I couldn't walk. Went to the chiropractor and had x-rays done, and it turns out one of my vertabrae's in my lower back is slipping past the other... and it's permanent. They educated me, I take precautions, and it only aggravates me every once in a while now. So... get to the doctor ASAP.Regarding Additional Details: Just because it's on one side doesn't necessarily mean it's not related to your spine. When mine gets irritated, it can hurt all the way down one leg, but not the other. It just depends on what's wrong with it. I stick to my original suggestion of going to see a doctor or chiropractor right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net